Thursday, February 4, 2010

Blah... and some more reflecting



I felt so blah tonight when we got home! Don't know why, but all I wanted to do was curl up on the couch and fall asleep. I did sit on the couch for a little bit and hubby made dinner (baked healthy chicken fingers). Since he made dinner, that got me out of the rut a bit and I decided to go for a walk. I couldn't bring myself to do a workout with Bob, so a walk in the misty rain had to do. I still feel a bit blah, so hopefully the energy from my walk will kick in soon!

I was thinking the other day of another reason I got to this point. When I was struggling with work when I was in the public school system, I remember that I would drive from work to a fast food joint and then proceed to go home, eat, and immediately fall asleep on the couch until I'd wake up at 10-11:00 and go to bed. I was sleeping my struggles away. I remember and joke about how I don't know how I passed high school because I slept through it. It was a coping mechanism for me then when I was dealing with abuse in my home situation. The emotional toll was just too much for me to care during the school day and I constantly slept in my classes. Something got me out of that rut in my work situation several years ago and I think it was a God thing that I ended up at St. Cecilia.

No comments:

Post a Comment